As a busy mom, you know hard it can be to actually find the time to relax. Just getting a few moments to spend with your children during the day can be difficult. This is why the weekend is the perfect time to let loose, relax and spend some quality time with your family. The truth of the matter is that there are a lot of activities that will slow down the time and make the weekend last a little longer. When it comes down to it, finding the time to relax is actually really important and beneficial to your health. It will reduce cortisol levels, it will boost your immune system, and you will sleep better at night. Here are five fun and relaxing weekend activities for busy moms.
- Head to the spa – there is a good chance that there is a spa in your area or community where you spend a few hours getting some “me” time. You may even want to get a massage. If you want to save money on your spa experience, you may want to search online or look through the local newspapers to find a coupon.
- Take a road trip with the family – there is a good chance that you can find a local resort or hotel a few hours away from your home. You can take a dip in the pool, you can relax on the balcony, or you can take a relaxing run around the grounds. The truth of the matter is that you don’t need to spend money on an expensive plane ticket just to get out of town – a relaxing, weekend-long vacation may be closer than you think.
- Go on a hike – if you live near a mountainous area, you may want to think about going on a hike. The truth of the matter is that hikes are relaxing and they can offer you some good physical fitness, which will release serotonin and dopamine. When it comes down to it, releasing serotonin and dopamine will also significantly reduce your stress levels, which is critical for a weekend recharge.
- Get creative – you could paint a canvas, you couldpaint ceramics, or you can build something. When it comes down to it, you can paint your own pottery and have some beautiful objects to place in your home. This is actually a great activity for kids, because they can get a lot of enjoyment from painting pottery. It is also fun for adults.
- Hang out at home – indeed, a mini staycation can offer a great, relaxing weekend with the family. You have to make sure, though, that you stay at home. If you have a home office, you want to try and avoid doing work because that will defeat the whole purpose of having a staycation. Ideally, you want to spend time in the backyard – in the grass – reading or spending time with friends and family. In the end, you could even have a barbecue and invite all your friends and neighbors – there is nothing like socializing to reduce your stress